199) which is considered safest protection from static electric disharge when connecting or disconnecting cargo hoses or metal arms??
a.insulating flange or length of non conducting hose.(correct)
b.switching off iccp
c.ship shore bonding cable use.
d.none of the above.
200) As per MARPOL annex-1, the instantaneous rate of discharge of oil content means:
A. The rate of discharge of oil-water mixture in litres per hour at any instant divided by the speed of the ship in knots at the same instant
B. The rate of discharge of oil in litres per hour at any instant divided by the speed of the ship in knots at the same instant(correct)
C. The average rate of discharge of oil-water mixture in litres per hour divided by the average speed of the ship in knots
D. The average rate of discharge of oil mixture in litres per hour divided by the average speed of the ship in knots
201) Why is it important to seek permission from bridge before soot blowing boiler/EGE?
A. To ascertain whether local regulations allow soot blowing
B. To ascertain that the ship is well beyond territorial waters.
C. To ascertain no fire hazard to mooring ropes etc due to hot soot/sparks falling on same, due to wind direction, course change etc.(correct)
D. All of the above
202) Which of the following IMO conventions has entered into force?
A. Hong Kong Convention
B. Nairobi WRC 2007
C. BWM Convention 2004
D. Bunkers Convention 2001(correct)
203) psc comprises of
d)all of the above(correct)
204) territorial water is similar to
205) annex I regulation 12 sludge takes concentration:
A. Bilge pump to OWS
B. No line direct connection to OBD other than discharge give in regulation 13(correct)
C. No direct connection to OBD
D. Have direct connection to OBD all the valve to be close and sealed
206 Helicopter rescue operation is given in which convention ?
International Convention on Maritime Search and Rescue
207) A fire in an electrical generator is considered to be