1. Which of the following statements is true concerning a poly-phase synchronous propulsion motor?
A. The motor is started as an induction motor.
B. Resistance is gradually added to the rotor circuit.
C. The starting current is held below the rated current.
D. The field winding is energized for starting purposes only.
2. When reading electrical motor controller diagrams, it helps to know that ____________.
A. current paths in the control circuit are drawn as heavy lines and in the power circuit as lighter lines
B. current paths in the power circuit are drawn as heavy lines and in control circuit as lighter lines
C. circuits subject to 500 volts or greater are drawn as heavy lines and below 500 volts as lighter lines
D. circuits subject to 500 volts or greater are drawn as light lines and below 500 volts as heavy
3. Alternating current circuits develop resistance, inductance and capacitance. The inductance of a coil is expressed in _____________.
4. Large cable sizes are formed as individual conductors that may be comprised of several smaller strands to __________.
A. obtain the flexibility required for easy handling
B. reduce the overall weight of the wire run
C. reduce the number of supports needed for a horizontal overhead run
D. all of the above
5. Which of the following is having Di-Electric Constant 80?
D. Caster oil
6. Where a thermal-acting breaker is required to be used in an area of unusually high, low, or constantly fluctuating temperatures, an ambient compensating element must be used. This element consists of a ______________.
A. cylindrical spring on the contact arm
B. conical spring on the contact arm
C. second bimetal element
D. second electromagnet