Seafarer Exam Publications

Home Objective Questions Oral Questions Register Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Refund & Cancellation Contact Us

Cash on Delievery is Now Started (Now you can Pay After Recieving Your Booklet at Home)

Book for MMD Class 4 Writtens

MMD Class 4 Exam Written Booklet Launched

More Details about the Content & Description of the Book Please Click Below

Click Here

Click to Download Sample Copy of Objective Book

Function-3
2018 EDITION OF ELECTRICAL & SAFETY IS SOON COMING TO MARKET
MEP Second Edition (2017) & MOTOR Second Edition (2017) Has Been Successfully Launched
<<<Function-3 & 5 are also coming in the Month of Dec,2018>>>

For Fastest Delievery with in Two Days Anywhere in India You have to Pay 249 Rs Click to Pay. Now you can call us on 07060386812 Or Or Mail to class4exam@gmail.com if in case you have any Issue or Query

Payment Portal for the MMD Oral & Written Booklet for Class 4 is Open Now

Book Feedback and Reviews By Users

Book Contain all Previous Year Oral Question with Answers (First Time in Market)

Any Query Please Check FAQ

User Can See the latest Questions Asked in Different MMD's

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2012 Mangalore Second Mate Oral for Deck Peoples
rishi
#1 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 3:21:15 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
ror day signal cards trawler shooting net,hauling net,pilot vsl, pair trawlling

cardinal marks n,e,s,w, on ur right ahead .....action

s and x band radar, limitation, requirment

principle of echosounder and radar

u hav six persn make a team for fighting in gally

open type life boat launching with 6 persn

he asked me one more question out of fun 1 e.g requirment for life raft for 100 mtr ship....its all...

guys for captain aggarwal plz prepare ur bridge equippment and their principle mainly.....he want to

hear principle and simple ror situation...factor affecting vessel manouverblity...and bias and fwd and aft

movement.....

fun 1: ror cards, situations, annex 1 in detail, rule no 2,5,6,13,18,19, maneuvering characteristics, turning

circle and all, fir in pump room and c/o is gone ashore and master is sleeping and drunk ... action,

prepare a emergency party and lead it and send it in pump room fire, mersar, difference b/w mersar and

iamsar, noon position w/o plotting, o'cast sky and u have to take compass error,

fun 3: buoyancy, reserve buoyancy, intact buoyancy, conventions, certificates related to marpol

ror cards, cbd crssing in tss from stbd side, magnetic compass errors n its corrections.. gyro compass

errors and its correction by amplitude.

ex meridian & long by chron steps.. whn they r taken ? noon sight steps.. chart correction, passage

planning from kolkata to ko si chang, chart folio and its uses.. gyro priciple.. radar and ecdis and

echosounder principle and working. types of ecdis?

u have been assigned wid 6 ppl 2 lower lifeboat.. wht r d steps? u have observed smoke coming out of

a coal filled cargo hold while on watch.. wht will u do? you have collided with a nuc vessel in restricted

visibility.. next actions 2 be taken? maintance of antennas (related 2 gmdss), weekly maintenance of

gmdss battery.. and checks (daily/weekly/monthly)

Fun 1: ror cards, situations, annex 1 in detail, rule no 2,5,6,13,18,19, maneuvering characteristics, turning circle and all ,

difference b/w mersar and iamsar, noon position w/o plotting, o'cast sky and u have to take compass error,

fun 1..... right hand propeller goin astern wre the sturn swing,.....principle of echo sounder,...cards,....what is a trawler and

pair trawler,.....wch rule is head on and crossing quote the rule and wht actn u ll take,.....for wch vsl head on ull alter to

port , maneuvering and squat its effect

ror cards, cbd crssing in tss from stbd side, magnetic compass errors n its corrections.. gyro compass errors and its

correction by amplitude.

ex meridian & long by chron steps.. whn they r taken ? noon sight steps.. chart correction, passage planning from kolkata to

ko si chang, chart folio and its uses.. gyro priciple.. radar and ecdis and echosounder principle and working. types of ecdis?

wht will u do? you have collided with a nuc vessel in restricted visibility.. next actions 2 be taken?

Func 1 Capt Agarwal

Ror cards fishing trawling ram Nuc

Compass error in cloudy sky without any bearing! I mean open sea!

Echo sounder errors and radar principle and limitations.

Barometer error

Ship handling squat effect. Right hand radar port 10 deg dead slow ahead. Where ships head and stern

will move?

Tactical diameter?

Function 3

Fire in galley gs came shouting from galley. In port no chief no capt onboard . U on watch. Action ??

Life buoy req. by length light smoke line all!!

Func 4

Flag B? Do we show in general cargo ship?

Tack line? Length use? Ans pendent use?? 17/18 flags it's length?? How you will show bearing in flags?

Ships speed in km/ hr.

He was hungry so he started from 1-4-3 and in 3 he left between because he was hungry. He gave me 1/

4 but mandal took back all!!

He left my func 4 column blank so I asked y? So he took again my oral for func 4

What is tack line and use? And pendant use and flag length.

How does flag looks. Means many flags he asked.

Tricky question. What is colour??

Then name for flag p a b. how to show bearing course call sign speed in flag. What signal will u show

to attract attention and how will u start communication with flags with other vsl? Which side u will hoist

country flag and other flags?

Total number of flags??

ROR DAY SIGNALS, CARDINAL MARKS,LATERAL MARKS,SAFE WATER MARK,ISOLATED

DANGER MARK,NUC CARDS,RAM CARDS,CBD CARDS(LITERALLY ALL THE CARDS...AROUND

35-40 CARDS),MAXIMUM AZIMUTH,NOON

POSITION,SHA,GHA,LHA,LAT,GAT,LMT,GMT,LST,GST.......EVERYTHING WITH DIAGRAM AND PROPER

EXPLANATION,DRAW FLAGS DIAGRAM TO SHOW UR CALL SIGN,MEANING OF FLAGS,BUNKERING

FLAG,EXPLAIN PV VALVE AND THE REGULATION ASSOSIATED WITH ITS HEIGHT AND HORIZONTAL

DISTANCE,INTACT STABILITY CRITERIA,SLOP TANKS REGULATION,EXPLAIN SOPEP AND SMPEP,WHAT

R THE CERTIFICATES ISSUED UNDER MARPOL.......IN PRINCIPLES OF NAVIGATION SPECIAL

ATTENTION IS TO BE GIVEN TO THE DIAGRAMS......

unction 1 :normal Ror cards nd action , noon posn , emergency steering procedure , maximum azimuth,

rule 1 a , 3 a ( memorizing nt required )((( b confident nd dominating while answering him , will add as a

plus point ))

FUN 1: ROR CARDS -DAY & NIGHT SIGNALS, IALA

BUOYS, CARDINAL MARKS PASSAGE

PLANNING, NOON POSN WITH PLOTTING,

ERROR OF SEXTENT FNCTN-2 IMDG CLASSES

funct. 1

1. decode rule no. 14

2.defination of vessel

3. RoR apply on which vessels

4. NUC defination

func.2

1. IMDG code (thoroughly)

2. IMSBC /IBC/BCH code

3. taking over watch on oil tanker while loading oper.

4. steps ans precautions for loading steel coils

Funct. 3

1.certificates required under marpol annexes

2.annex one m/s discharge criteria

3.ows requirmnt

4. definations of LBP , perpendiculars

5. given forwrd and aft draft, what will u get( he gave conditions for hogging and sagging )

6. fire in galley , u r on deck during loading on tanker

7. under vch convention u r giving exam(Stcw 95/2010 nd M S Act 1958)

8. draw cross-sectioon view of P/V valve

that ol i remembr for now...

before my turn 2 candidates were washed out .....out of 3 becoz they were unable to decode the ror

rules.......and i was the 4th victim of agarwal .....

1. he showed me..... ror cards of nuc ,aground. day signal of sailing vessel n pair trawlers,

2. night signals of minesclearance , towings. trawler, fishing vessel n pdv less than 50m.

he didnt ask me the fog signal length or aspect of vessel just to identify the vessel and what action u will

take.....

3. he showed me a card of aground vessel on starboard bow what action u will take.... i answered him

there is shallow patches on starboard bow which is danger to navigation so i will reverse propulsion or

take all the way off....

he asked me if u will reverse ur course then where ur bow will move... i said him in case of right hand

propellor bow will turn on right.... does its same for all propellor...i said no.... its is different for twin

screw propellor... or left hand propellor

fun 1..... right hand propeller goin astern wre the sturn swing,.....principle of echo

sounder,...cards,....what is a trawler and pair trawler,.....wch rule is head on and crossing quote the rule

and wht actn u ll take,.....for wch vsl head on ull alter to port,.....5 persons and u hv to lower open

lifeboat,.....factors affecting maneuvering and squat its effect,......etc

fun 4 flag j,z,g answering pandent,tackline etc 2 vslls are at pilot boarding u need pilot wch flag ull hoist

etc etc etc

4. i m on p d vessel and on nuc is overtaking me from starboard quater what action u will take.

5.what is squat...how squat is occur...

6.what are the publication required of passage planning....

7.his favourite question..... decode the rule 3 defination of all vessels...n rule 14... head on situation and

ror applies to which vessel... word by word

8. u are on p d vessel, for which vessel...... u will alter your course to port..

9.method of taking compass error..... then he asked me that practially how u will take compass error by

transit bearing.....what is compass error.... how u will take error for variation and deviation .... practical

method to correct heeling error.......

10.how u will make gyro as north seeking compass and what is its error.... explain.... i answered his all

question with full confidence.....but the fucking thing happened that capt raha was absent on that day...

all the files were transferred to mondal cabin for final signature....mondal was busy in meeting ... at 5pm

meeting was over he called us one by one....

his last question....when the celestial body will be closer to the observer......i probe him that sir u want

the answer for the noon to noon or for thoughout the year.... he replied me for throught the year.... i

answered him when the body is at perihion or perigee....

ROR CARDS ABOUD 10 NUC, RAM ,SAILING VESSEL, TOWAINNG ,PUSHING,CBD

ACTION WHEN WILL U C CBD ON RIGHT AHEAD,ECHO SOUNDER ,GYRO COMPASS ERROR,HOW WILL U

CORRECT THE CHARTS,HOW MANY NOTICES R COMING,FIRE ON GALLY U ALONE ONBOARD MASTER

AND C/O WENT ASHORE CARGO WORK IS GOIN ON ACTION ,LOWERING OF LIFEBOAT WITH 6

PERSON , HOW WILL U TAKE OVER NAV WATCH ,WHAT WILL U DO ON ANCHOR WATH, BAROMERTRIC

TENDENCY,ON THE PARRALEL RULER SOME LINES ARE THERE IN CROSS TYPE WHAT IS USE OF THAT

LINES,PSYCHROMETER AND WHAT INF WILL U GET FROM THAT,GPS MAINTANENCE,CODE RULE NO 3

AND 5 WITH FULL DISCRIPTION EACH DIFFICULT WORDS IN RULE 5,SQUAT

DEFFINATION,BAROMETER ERROR AND CORRECTIONS

cards-nuc,aground,ram,towing ram,trawler,fishing vsl,sailing vsl day signal,east cardnl, rv heard

2 prolong blast port bow actn. Taking ovr watch,pasage planning haldia to singapore,echo soundr

principle,publication repd for passg planing,steering gear,information u will exchange with pilot as a 2nd

mate,echo soundr maintenance, what u will do as a 2nd mate best use of echo soundr when arriving

at port? Gps & dgps working, course recordr gps maintnence,mersar,nav. Lhts maintnce. main engine

related things what is on bridge,How many types of powr supply are there to nav LTS. name the all

bridge epuipment on yr ship qstn related to them.

Functn 3- u r on deck fire in gally actn,6persn lowr lifeboat,flooding in no.1 cargo hold alarm coms on

bridge actn.undr which rule u r giving exam,marpole cetificate, wht r conventn,practically how u will

apply all polluntn rule when u r on watch, practically as 3rd mate how you take charge of all LSA FFA

itms.maintenence of portabl extngshs,how many typs of extngshr u had on yr ship.requirmnt for spare

portable extngshr,tpc,mctc, mean draft higher then midship draft what is condition, Tpa & imrsn suit

difference,

un1:rule 6,13,card of RAM,trawler,compass error,how to take error in ovrcast sky,ASD,sector of

light,situation of crossing in TSS,how to take navigational watch

fun 2:IMDG code,classification,explosive,stowage type,cargo calculation,ODMCS structure,stuelchen

derrick, gas measuring equipment and callibration,how to do stripping in tanker,how to COW,IG

alarm,documentaion of cargo,How to refer MFAG

fun 3:life raft requirement,TPC.LOA,fire in galley,marpol new ammendment,BWM,how to sail if safcon

cert become unvalid(totally blank I was...lol), CSR,how to reduce sf,bm, panting requirement,recent

manila convention...

Fun 4:drar flag ....approx 10 flag,content of interco,semaphore.......
2 users thanked rishi for this useful post.
Raunak Kashyap on 9/23/2013(UTC), deka_dhiraj on 10/9/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed