Mahindra Satyam Fresher Job Interview Placement Paper May 2010
Company Name : Mahindra Satyam
Type : Fresher, Job Interview
Hi, guys I am Avinash from Lakkireddy Balireddy College of Engineering completed BTECH in the stream of IT.
1) Written Test
2) Technical Round
3) HR Round
1) Written Test: Around 1000 ppl attended for written test, total 54 were furthered to technical round. It comprises of total 6 sections
Total 100 questions 60 min
All u need to do is dat u need to be fast in ur calculations. Here time plays a crucial role. Every question is very easy,u hv to maitain ur time correctly... My suggestion is to start from reasoning,quant followed by english, generally reasoning and quant takes much more time compared to english.so give least time to English and u know English section is very very easy jst basic grammer..In reasoning section u may encounter questions on blood relations,analogies in alphabets(dfh:ikm::adg:?),numerical series etc..refer R.S agarwal verbal and non verbal reasoning. In Quant section u'l see questions on mostly allegation and mixture,clocks,SI and CI,time and work,time and distance,problems on train,partnership problems.refer R.S agarwal quantitative aptitude… it is more enough… questions are very easy.
English is very easy u can give less time to this section. In english-1 u'l see synonyms,antonyms english-2 general grammer refer Wren & martin. english-3 Two simple reading comprehention of 10th and intermediate standard.
My panel has two members they are really very kewl.They are very friendly with me.Interview goes on 45 min.
They even asked me to take 5 min to freeup myself and comeback again.
Then tech questions started
INTRVR1: what is view?
INTRVR1: what are access specifiers?gv me an example.
INTRVR1: write a program and xplain each and every step.
INTRVR1:Have u done ur project of ur own or fake one???
Me: answered confidently becoz our HOD guided us in doing our project we hv done it in college itself.
INTRVR1: Shall I ask ur team members abt ur project ? and give their names and contact numbers.
Me: I hv given their details confidently.
and so many basic questions hv been posed on me,it lasts for 25 min and in same round second interviewr started interviewing me on hr questions.many questions we cant say yes or no..becareful....jst think a while before answering.
Luck also plays a vital role……………………
This is very easy , if u r confident with ur techincal interview this is jst for formality
INTERWR: Tell me abt urself?
me: blaa blaa blaa.......
INTERWR: Why we should hire u?
me:told my strengths......
INTERWR: Do u have any problem working in different locations?
me:NO……….(This is main …..they’l check our adaptability(flexibility)).
INTERWR: Ask any questions.
me: sir,could u plz tell me abt working nature in Mahindra Satyam.
INTERWR: first u will be taken as trainee and u can reach highlevel positions depending on ur capabilities,then I got a positive signal dat I may be selected……chill……..
Finally results were announced….Iam one among 38 members……..
thats it from me...
WISH U AL THE BEST. hope meet u at Mahindra Satyam
Exam/Interview Date : 31-May-2010
No of Rounds : Aptitude Test, Technical Round-1, Client/Manager Interview
Contributor Name : W2D
Tech Mahindra Placement Paper 2008 (Aptitude & Reasoning)
1. If a boat is moving in upstream with velocity of 14km/hr and goes downstream with a velocity of 40km/hr. then what is the speed of the stream?
(d) none of these
2. find the value of (0.75*0.75*0.75-0.001)/(0.75*0.75-0.75+0.01)
3. A man buys 12 lts of liquid which contain 20% of the liquid and the rest is water. He then mixes it with 10lts of another mixture with 30% of liquid. What is the % of water in the new mixture?
4.A certain number of men can finish a piece of work in 10 days. If however there were 10 men less it will take 10days more for the work to be finished. How many men were there originally?
(a) 110 men
(b) 130 men
(c) 100 men
(d) none of these
5. In simple interest what sum amount of Rs. 1120/- in 4 years and Rs.1200/- in 5 years?
6. x% of y is y% of?
(d) can’t be determined
7. The population of a city increases @ 4%p.a. there is an additional annual increases of 4% of the population due to the influx of job seekers. Find the % increase in population after 2 years?
8. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a school is 3:2. Out of these 10% the boys and 25% of girls are scholarship holders. % of students who are not scholarship holders?
9. A rectangular plant (2)^1/2 meters wide can be placed so that it is on either side of the diagonal of a square shown below. (Figure is available). what
is the area of the Plank?
ans: c(Series of prime no)
5.All pens are elephants. some elephants are cats.
(a) Some pens are cats
(b) No pens are cats
(c) All pens are cats
(d) None of the above
6. Some green are blue. No blue are white.
(a) No green are white
(b) Some green are white
(c) No green are white
(d) None of the above