KPIT PLACEMENT PAPER (APTITUDE)
1.There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination. Among these questions are 50 mathematics problems. It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each Maths problem as for each other question. How many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
2. In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is composed of girls
A.y/(x + y)
C.x/(x + y)
3. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
4. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much more will each have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift
5. To 15 lts of water containing 20% alcohol, we add 5 lts of pure water. What is % alcohol.
Ans : 15%
6. Appu received the salary in Sunday. In Monday he expenses ¼ th of his salary. In Tuesday he expenses 2/3 rd of his remaining salary. What parts of salary are left?
Ans : 1/4 th
7. Some simple problems from Blood Relations.
8. There were 5 questions from data Sufficiency. Like, Statement : A number is divisible by 12.
Data : (1)It is divisible by 3
(2)It is divisible by 4
A. Data (1) along sufficient.
B. Data (2) along sufficient.
C. Both (1) and (2) are required.
9.A person traveled 4 sides of the triangle with speed of a 100, 200, 300, 400 km/hr. what is the average speed of the whole journey.
Ans 192 km/hr.
10.How many times 3 occur from 3 to 3333. A=1, B=1. do 5 times and find the value of A.
Add 1 to B.
A * B.
Assign this result to A.
11. 9 circles of diameter of 2 each are in the square. Find the height of a square. There were three rows each having 3 circles.
Type : Fresher, Job Interview
My name is Nishchal Diwate from SRKNEC,Nagpur....i got placed in KPIT CUMMINS in Embedded Systems wen the company came for recrtment in my college SRKNEC on 17th,18th june and along wit srknec there were some 9 colleges invited....so actually more than 900 students came ,after aptitude test 101 were selected then after technical n hr rounds total 37 students got the placement....
There were 3 Rounds:
1) Aptitute Test + Technical Test: 50 questions ,one hour- it consisted of some 13 question from quantitative ,some 12 question from English, n rest 25 questions on TECHNICAL....technical questions were majorly from C, Digital Circuits,EDC,8051 microC, n adv. MicroProcessor, Filters......a few questions were a bit easy...n rest technical was tough...English was very easy, only sentence correction....Quant too was not tough....
2) Technical Interview: there were 2 panels for Tech interview...i was called by panel 2 ....
as soon as i entered the cabin he said "so u r very well dressed"... i said thanku sir and told him tat its a big day for me... he was abit impressed...
Then he asked me whether m good in software or hard ware...explain....i told him tat i have studied both C and MIcrocontrollers,microprocessors,,but i don feel tat interestin as later two...he then asked me a question on swithch case in C....i told him i dont kno the answer....he said it was ok....then he asked me about POinters,Arrays,n a few instructions for C....he also asked me what was Compilation ERROR....a few questions on logic gates....Encoder,Mux ?? n a few more simple questions....he was checkin d presence of mind n confidence....Except 1 or 2 i answered almost all his questions...he then said it was his pleasure to take my interview...
3) HR Interview: Although it is considerd a formality by all of us i suggest u to be well dresses for both d interview rounds...answer logically....avoid saying much...keep it short and simple and more importantly be true...most common questns lik r u ready to relocate anywhere ,,tell ant urself,,family backgroud,,n all r asked ...b prepared for them....i dont remember the apti questions properly but guys those were basic questions and as mentioned were easy....
See u guys in KPIT CUMMINS...wish u a great success...plz be confident n smile during d interview....jus work hard n believe in GOD.
Exam/Interview Date : 17-Jun-2010
No of Rounds : Aptitude Test, Techincal Round-1, Client/Manager Interview
Contributor Name : Nishchal Diwate