Adobe Latest Placement Paper September 2012
(Technical & Engineering)
Company Name : Adobe
Type : Fresher, Job Interview
Exam/Interview Date : 06-Sep-2010
No of Rounds : Technical Round-1, Technical Round-2
Contributor Name : Sameer Biswas
Two Rounds: Not tough Question.But time management required.
Engineering Round: (15 question)
1 Finding height of binary tree
2. Number of times multiplication is required:
int computeXn(int x int n)
int y computeXn(x n/2);
int y computeXn(x n/2);
Calculating power of a tree for 5^12.
3. Polynomial A+Bx+Cx^2+....+Nx^(n-1) this representation is more suitable for which data structure. Then P and Q are two such polynomial and how to add that two using that data structure. WAP for that.
4. Specification of variables in one language: letter follow by letter or digit.
2. L.(LUD)* => this one right.
5. How Generic Swap of two elements can be implemented? that supports all type line int char float double etc..
6. Two rectangle is given with following data structure
Two are in X-axis wise. How to find that they are intersected or not? WAP for that...
7. Free( P) How it decide how much space should be freed in c?
8. Head(aann)=a Tail(aann)=ann cont(aa,bb)=aabb; For which of the following : cont(head(s),head(tail(tail(s)))='ac'
C Round: (10 question)
1. Diff between typedef and #define?
2. getbis function gives n bits from the position p of an binary no A.
3. You have to sort large data. But your memory does not have so much space. how you can sort that.
4. a pointer representation
5. You have two threads T1 and T2 they are reader and writer respectively.
With some specification:
6. sprintf() function used how and what means?
7. An array given Arr which is in decreasing order. How many swapping required in
for (int index=0;index
8. Finding Output:
printf(" arr[%d] = %d", index, *(varible_ptr+index));
ADOBE Sample Paper
I got lot of queries about the kind of questions asked in Adobe test.
There were four section:
1. Aptitude: They had fairly simple arithmatic question, questions on geometry and questions like whether information can be deduced from the comments given.
It was fairly easy and jst u need to have basic clear.
2. Analytical: Questions like pattern matching, odd one out were there. Be careful while attempting these two sections that u wont be having much time. Before u know the time is over.
3. Computers: This paper is mostly from the topics u cover in B.Tech. there was one question on finite
automata, Bit manipultaion(flipping the bits), drawing the tree given preorder and inorder traversal, finding the formula for N-ary tree to fine number of external nodes.
4. C/Java: Here u had to write C programs(Mind u no multiple questions). There
was one question to write program to search a string from bigger string, write a algorithm to compute X^n which is of
complexity log n, implement atoi function.(U cannot use any standard function in these.)