ESSAR PLACEMENT PAPER
STAGE I: WRITTEN TEST (ELIMINATION)
STAGE II: GROUP DISCUSSION (ELIMINATION)
STAGE III: INTERVIEW (ELIMINATION)
SECTION I: MECHANICAL COMPREHENSION (FIGURATIVE)
25 MINS 40 QUESTIONS
SAME AS L&T COMPREHENSION PAPER
SECTION II: TECHINCAL TEST
30 MINS 50 QUESTIONS
Some of the questions given below are repeated
1. In an ideal gas compared to a real gas at very high pressure occupies?
2. Kinetic theory of gases assumes that collisions between the molecules are?
3. The condition of perfect vacuum that is at absolute zero pressure can be attained at?
4. Specific heat of air?
5. Which law states that internal energy is function of Temperature?
6. Minimum work done for an adiabatic process the value of n?
7. Air Refrigerator works on?
8. 1 watt = 1Nm/S
9. 1 h.p = ?kw
10. When crude oil heated Which Hydro carbon comes first?
11. What is the purpose of Supercharger?
12. 1Kg of carbon to CO, Amount oxygen required?
13. Horse power per tones of refrigeration?
14. Scale formation on the surface of the boiler tubes due to ?
15. Axial shift in steam turbine occurs due to?
16. Latent heat of vapourization at low pressure and temperature?
17. Shaft revolving in a bearing which pair?
18. Difference between dedendum and addendum?
19. The fatigue life of a part can be improved by ?
20. Rotational tendency of force?
21. Acetylene dissolved in ?
22. The frequency of transverse vibration is 3hz then critical speed?
23. More viscous lub oil?
24. Example for Non destructive test?
25. Advantage of V belt?
26. In gear boxes Which type of key is used
27. A structural member subjected to an axial compressive force is called?
28. Pig iron is produced in which furnace?
29. Heat generation of arc welding is due to ?
30. In what angle does an object thrown height will travel the longest distance?
31. Angle of contact between the journal and bearing?
32. The coupling is required to connect two parallel shaft distance between the shaft is small and variable?
33. Carbon is added to steel to increase its hardness-True/False
34. Wings of airplane are made by---
35. To protect from thrust which type of follower is used?
36. With increase in temperature--- Viscosity of liquid---
37. Heavy machine beds are made of CI for-------
38. For shock resistance and vibrations we use ----
39. Rupture strength==== ?
40. Washer is used for-------
41. Surface endurance limit depends on (toughness/surface tension/yield strength/surface finish)
42. In a uniformly distributed load of 6n/m over a 5 meter length simply supported beam, the value of B.M at the point where shear force is zero (17.5/22.5/55/75)
43. Cam size depends on (base circle/pitch circle/prime circle/none)
44. Poisons ratio is higher in (rubber/steel/wood)
45. In drill tool carbon % is (<0.4 %, 0.8% -1.6%, 1-2.5%)
46. finishing operation in lathe is done at(low speed/high speed)
47. degree of freedom in super structure (1/positive/negative/zero)
48. axial compressors follow the process in ideal conditions (adiabatic/isotropic/isothermal)
49. forced draft has negative pressure drop(true or false)
50. advantage of v-belt?
51. The key used in the gears for transmitting power(flat/saddle/spline/square)
52. dye penetration test is (pouring/surface tension/capillary/none)
53. poisson ratio?
54. endurance limit is depend upon?1.toughness 2.elasticity 3.britleness?
55. in which furnace ,pig iron is made?
56. corrosion resistant material?
57. centipoise is unit of ?
58. broaching is made to produce?
59. steady rest is used for?
60. drill angle?
61. In parson's turbine ,relation between angles?
62. v-belt angle?
63. Refrigerant used in refrigerator?
64. Composition of babbit metal?
65. Cantilever beam failure of surface finish is represented by?
66. At what angle in the valve timing, Diesel engine injection occurs?
67. Name any one non destructive test?
68. Clutch is located between?
69. What is the Melting pt of iron?
70. Name any one Gear material?
71. Drill material composition?
72. Which mechanism is used to hold the gear ?
73. Reynolds number range for laminar flow ??
74. Nusselt (for natural) number is function of which number?
75. Angle of contact between journal and bearing?
76. What is the function of cutting fluid?
77. Dual cycle combination of which two cycles?
78. In screw jack --------which thread is used??
79. ACME thread angle?
80. Frequency of a system is 3 Hz then find the speed in rpm?
81. For which gear shafts are co-axial?
82. say true/false:
a) in simple gear train every shaft is attached with one simple gear only
b) Radiation heat transfer is varied with T to the power of 4.
Democracy is the only way to sustain economy growth
Should Indian youth involving Politics
Foreign investment should allow directly to India
Foods come first ethics come later
TV channels can be regional , International
ESSAR PAPER Sample Paper Pattern
1) Composition of gunmetal?.
2) What is the fuel used in airplanes?.
3) Specific heat capacity of air?.
4) Melting point of Aluminum?.
5) If a ball is kept at aheight of x(m),from that position it is dropeed .Does the p.e is equal to the K.e if the ball goes inside the earth as same distance where it is relieved?.
6) Viscosity of the lubricant ---------- with increase in temperature?.
7) What amount of power required to make the 2-strke petrol engine to 4-stroke diesel engine?.
8) Which engine is the most efficient in terms of compression ratio?.
9) for the same compression ratio heat removed in each cycle is efficient in otto or diesel cycle?.
10) Use of draft tube in turbine ?.a) to increase work o/p of runner b) To increase turbine output.
11) Percentage of carbon in toolsteel?.
12) Introduction of sulphur in mild steel increases or decreases the machinability?.
13) Is bernoullis theorem is applicable for steady or unsteady flow?.
14) Axial turbine is of which type?.a) high head b) low head.
15) corrosion is inhibited due to oxidation or reduction?.
16) Binary power cycle uses ---------as working fluid?.
17) the purpose of runner in casting ----------
18) shape of a u.d.l.of cantilever beam is?.
19) which has high coefficient of friction ?.disc or band brakes
20) Engine valve seat is cooled at ----- temperature in liquid nitrogen(-180C)
21)Bucling is high in bar which is greater or smaller in length?.
22) Formula for deflection of beam? Ans; PL/AE
23) Which law says that pressure can be transferred from onr point to another in an undiminished form?.
24) Is Vane pump is Positive or non-positive displacement pump?.
25) As the altitude why density of the decreases?.
26) In the reversible adiabatic process entrophy is constant or not?
27) In which process the temperature of the system changes but there is no heat transfer to the surroundings?.
ESSAR PAPER AT VIJAYAWADA
Hints: For Aptitude minimum preparation is sufficient, as time is less only go for selected Qs in those books. since cut-off is only 9 its easy to complete written test, but care must be taken not to spend on only one group (i.e., either reasoning or arithmatic or english).just attempt all the Qs as there is no negative marking, such that you may be easyly qualified for aptitude test.
As I mentioned go through that book especially - Initial theory for each chapter before going to multiple choices in that book, practice all multiple Qs in that book as max of Qs are given from that directly.Some of the subjects you must concentrate on Production and Manufacturing, Metallurgy and Material Sciences, Thermal, Design, Hydraulics.As cutoff is 23 Take care of this section, maximum disqualified from this section itself, but if u go through that its very very easy.
My topic is " " RELATION BETWEEN MAFIA LEADERS AND POLITICAL LEADERS AND HOW IT EFFECT THE ECONOMICAL GROWTH OF OUR COUNTRY " ". Topics are quitely different from software interviews. This is toughest topic they given on that day. Just speakout 2 or 3 times fluently its enough. they wil not give much importance to this stage.
Now the results are based on your performance in written test and your %marks(its important) not GD. mostly 75% above wil be selected.(120 members are short listed for next process)
Hints: Dress code must be maintained for interview process, be confident while answering Qs even they are wrong, keep a pleasent smile in your face, max 15 min they will interview, also know something about company that will be added advantage.
1) what is the gauge pressure inside the room? ans: zero
2) bernoulis equation?
3) what happens if refrigerator door opens?
4) differentiate between annealing and normalising?
5) counter sinking and counter boring? just like........