CTS Placement Paper January, 2010 (Reasoning Ability)
REASONING section (20 Q's - 20 mins)
Directions for Questions 1-4: In each questions below are given two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. read the conclusion and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
(A) if only conclusion I follows;
(B) if only conclusion II follows;
(C) if either I or II follows;
(D) if neither I nor II follows and
(E) if both I and II follow.
1.Statements : Most clocks are fans, Some fans are walls
I. Some walls are fans
II. Some clocks are walls
2. Statements : All birds are dogs, Some dogs are cats
I. Some cats are not dogs
II. All dogs are not birds
3. Statements : Some fools are intelligent, Some intelligent are great
I. Some fools are great
II. All great are intelligent.
4. Statements : All Men are married, Some men are educated
I. Some married are educated
II. Some educated are married.
Directions for Questions 5-6: In each questions below are given two
statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the
given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from
commonly known facts. read the conclusion and then decide which of the given
conclusions logically follows from the two given statements, disregarding
commonly known facts.
5. Statements : All bags are chalks. All chalks are bottles.
I Some bottles are bags.
II. All bags are bottles
III. All bottles are bags
IV. Some chalks are not bags
A) Only I , II and IV follow B) Only I , III and IV follow.
C) Only II, III and IV follow. D) All Follow
E) none of these
6. Statements : Some trees are buses, All buses are hats
I Some trees are hats
II. Some hats are trees
III. All hats are buses
IV. Some buses are hats
A) None follow s B) Only I, II and IV follow.
C) Only II , III and IV follow. D) All Follow
E) none of these
Directions(7-15): In each of the following questions one word is different from the rest. Find out the word which does not belong to the group
7. A ) Yokel B) Upshot C) Lout D) Bumpkin
8. A) Sofa B) Bed C) Diwan D) Chair E) Table
Ans : B
9. A) Keraunophobia B) Tonitrophobia C) Phonophobia D) Astraphobia
10. A) HB B) ZU C) NI D) TO E) PK
Ans : (A)
11. A) Printer B) Author C) Publisher D) Correspondent E) Reader
Ans : (E)
12.A) EQL B) BHF C) KTI D) SXD E) JWM
Ans : (D)
13. A) Curd B) Butter C) Oil D) cream
14. A) Poland B) Greece C) Spain D)Korea
15. A) Copper B) Tin C) Brass D) ZInc
16. Mr. A, Miss B, Mr. C and Miss D are sitting around a table and discussing their trades.
1. Mr. A sits opposite to cook
2. Miss b sits right to the barber.
3. The washer man is on the left of the tailor
4. Miss D sits opposite Mr. C
What are the trades of A and B?
A. Tailor and Barber B. Tailor and cook
B. Barber and cook C. washer man and cook
17. In a pile of 10 books, there are 3 of History, 3 of Hindi, 2 of
mathematics and 2 of English. Taking from above, there is an English book
between a history and mathematics book, a history book between a
mathematics and an English book, a Hindi book between an English and a
mathematics book, a mathematics book between two Hindi books and two Hindi books
between a Mathematic and a History book. Book of which subject is at the sixth
position from top ?
18. On a man's tombstone, it is said that one sixth of his life was spent in childhood and one twelfth as a teenager. One seventh of his life passed between the time he became an adult and the time he married; five years later, his son was born. Alas, the son died four years before he did. He lived to be twice as old as his son did. How old did the man live to be?
Ans: 84 years
19. What two numbers have a product of 48 and, when the larger number is divided by the smaller, a quotient of 3?
Ans: 4 and 12
20. A drove of sheep and chickens have a total of 99 heads and feet. There are twice as many chickens as sheep.How many of each are there?
Ans: nine sheep and eighteen chickens.
CTS Latest Fresher Placement Pattern 4 September 2010, Chennai
Company Name : CTS
Type : Fresher, Job Interview
Exam/Interview Date : 04-Sep-2010
No of Rounds : Aptitude Test
Location : Chennai
Contributor Name : Seenu Arun
I attended my First round of cts written(CBT) test in Anand Instiute coll,chennai.Same pattern was exist.Prepare previous qs papers very well by which u can get clear idea about concepts.Time Managemet is the key.All qs were totally time consuming.No negative marking.
Total Questions: 55
•Analytical--> 30 (30 mins)
•Verbal--> 25 (20 mins)
1.Analytical Reasoning: Figure Sequence,puzzle test,Syllogism,Logic,Data Sufficiency,Coding-Decoding etc.
2.Verbal : Two RC(10 qs) that was too long to read,finding correct (5qs)and incorrect sentence(5qs),Jumbled Sentences(5qs)....
Thats it guys.Its is CBT and tht software is not efficient one to interact with...Once again i'm telling u that Time Management is the key.Simple preparation is enough.This is not tough as TCS interview..Easy to crack.They said yht results will be announced after three days in their CTS website.I'm waiting for it.