Caritor Pattern, GD and Interview Experience
I attended the off-campus of Caritor, held at NIE,
Mysore in the last week of august. Test was open for
all students of CS, EC, Mech, EE, IS and
Instrumentation. Cut-off was 65% in all semester, all
subjects must've been cleared in first attempt.
Question paper pattern:
Total time was 60min. Two different question papers
will be given and one white paper to work out the
The answering sheet is of multiple choice type where
we've to put a "X" mark on correct choice.College ID
a must and those who forgot bring theirs were
mercilessly sent out, inspite of having other proof
like marks card
along with drivers license etc.,
NO -ve marks. Paper-2 was given about 15 min. after we
started answering paper-1. We can switch between
Quantitative aptitude: 30 questions.All simple stuff
direct from R. S. Aggarwal
Questions were on ratio and proportions, family
relationship, bankers discount, areas and
volumes,pipes and cisterns, complete the number
Logical reasoning: 15 questions. Few questions on data
sufficiency, ref. the verbal and non-verbal reasoning
R. S. Aggarwal. and remaining on assertion and
I got some 20 correct in paper-1 and some 5-7 correct
in paper-2. I was called for the GD that afternoon
Some 30 odd were shortlisted for GD. The topic of GD
was hardwork and sincerity.A group was 8-9 people was
and were allowed to talk while others had to wait in
other room.I said hardwork and sincerity go
hand-in-hand and both are important, while some
argued that hardwork alone or sincerity alone is
sufficient. In GD the most
silent people were selected!!!!!!!!. I was then
shortlisted for interview the next day in Bangalore in
the panel had the HR lady and a techie guy.
The guy asked me why I wanted to shift to IT while I
am a Mech., grad.
>> I said growth potential, money, air-conditioned
The guy then asked questions regarding microprocessor
and other electronics stuff.
>> I said I am a mech., guy I don't know Microproc.
You can ask C prog., or any question based on mech.
The guy kept on asking stuff from electronics and
other hardcore comp sc. stuff.
>> I gave up. I answered all questions with a big "I
DON'T KNOW". Walked out.
By looking at their faces and their attitude I could
make out that they didn't want to hire guys from
non-IT branch. The interview and all was just an
eye-wash.So, non-IT guys consider this seriously
before attending Caritor test.Finally about 10 people
from EE and CS branch were selected.
"If you are to be remembered even after your death;
write something worth reading or do something worth
Caritor Services India Private Limited Placement Paper (Aptitude)
1. a man works. He has to maintain 100 cups. He gets 30 ps for every cup he safeguards and has 10 pay 90 ps for every cup he breaks. if he earns rs.24 per day, how many did he break?
2. 32 people playing table tennis. how many matches to determine the winner.
3. A cube 3"* 3"* 3" is painted green it is cut into 1"* 1"* 1" how many cubes were painted on at least on one side
4. If x and x+10 are lengths containing right angle, what is the equation if area is 24 sq.cm
5. Length and breadth of a rectangle are in ratio 7:5. If length is reduced by 5 and breadth by 2, area reduces by 65. Find length and breadth.
6. Denominator is 4 greater than numerator if 10 is added to Denominator, the fraction becomes 1/8.what is the fraction
7. A and b can do a piece of work in 15 and 10 days. A and b work on it for sometime and then a leaves b completes the job in 5 days. For how long did a work.
8. In a company 241 apply for posts .of them 40 know neither c nor c++.180 know c; 186 knows c++. how many people know only c.
9. A farmer has a farm square of 100 sq.m a cow is tied at one and with a rope of 10m length. assume pi-3.what is the area of land the cow can graze.
10. The average of x and y is 6.5. if z=4,what is the average of x,y,z.
11. If the bus travels with 8 tyres(6 tyres running), travels a distance of 16000 km how much is the distance sustained by each tyre.ans 120000
12. In a box there are four different colored bells, of some quantity (4 each ) what is the minimum number of pick ups so that, atleast 2 of them of the same colour.
13. A company manufactures x refrigerators cp.(9000+500x0 sp=500x; what must be the value of x so that atlas the amount gained After selling is equal to the amount spent on production
14. A dealer sells 3 sets at Rs.2400 each ,one at 20% gain and the other at 20% loss. what is the overall gain or loss
15.a cube object 3" * 3" * 3" is painted with green in all the outer surfaces. If the cube is cut into cubes of 1"*1"*1", how many 1" cubes will have at least one surface painted.
a. 8 b.26 c.27 d. none ans.b
16. single table tennis tournament is held at IT solutions in which 32 players participated. If a single player is eliminated as soon as the player loses a match. How many matches are required to determine the winner. A. 32 b. 16 c. 31 d. 15 ans.c
17. there are 200 employees in a company. An external vender is chosen to serve coffee twice a day. 100 coffee cups were offered by the company , but as an incentive to have the cups in fact at the end of the day, the company offered 30 paise for every cup remained safely and charged 90 paise for every broken cup. At the end of the day , the vender received RS.24 . how many cups did the vender break.
a. 20 b.5 c.10 d.14 ans.c
18. a box contains 16 balls of 4 different colors green blue yellow &red 4 each. if you were to close your eyes and pick them at random , how many marbles must you take out to be sure that there at least two of one colour among the marbles picked out.
A. 4 b. 5 c. 6 d. 14 ans.d
19. if 8 tyres were used on a bus (6 tyres ) which has traveled 16000 km , how many km did each tyre sustain .if all the tyres were used equally in sustaining this distance .
a. 2000 b.16000 c.12000 d.10000 ans.c
20. a company purchased 3 computer tables in 1995. as the company wanted to renovate the office , sold those tables at RS.2400 each making a profit of 20% of one , no profit on second table and 20%loss on third table. What is the company get in this transaction.
A. no loss no profit b.RS.200 loss c.RS.800profit d. RS.400 loss ans.b
21. a farmer owns a square field of side with a pole in one of the corners to which he tied his cow with a rope whose length is about is 10 m . what is the area available for the cow to grace . assume pi=3.
A.150 sq.m b.125sq,m c.75sq.m d. not enough data. ans.c
22..the average of x & y is 12.if z=9 what is the average of x ,y, z
a.11 b.6.5 c.5 d. not enough data ans.a
23.in a certain shop note books that normally sell for 59 cents each or on sale at 2 for 99cents.how can be saved by purchasing 10 of these note books at the sale price.
a.$0.85 b.$1.0 c.$0.95 d.$1.15 ans. c
24.the cost in $ of manufacturing x fridges is 9000+400x . the amount received when selling these x fridges is 500x $ , what is the least no of fridges that must be manufactured & sold so that the amount received is at least equal to the manufacturing cost.
a. 10 b.18 c.15 d.90 ans. d
25.the sides of the right triangular field containing the right angle are x &x+10. its area is 5500sq.m.the equation to determine is
a. x(x+10)=5500 b. x(x+10)=2750 c. x(x+10)=11000 d. x(x+20)=5500 ans. c
26.the length and breadth of a rectangular plot are in the ratio of 7:5. if the length is reduced by 5 m& breadth is increased by 2 m then the area is reduced by 65 sq.m. the length and breadth of the rectangular plot are
a.25,35 b.21,15 c.35,25 d.49,35 ans.c
27. 6 men earn as much as 8 women ,two women earn as much as 3 boys&4 boys earn as much as 5 girls . if a girl earns RS.50 a day then the earning of the man would be
a.115 b.125 c.135 d.150 ans.b
28.a & b can separately do a piece of work in 10 & 15 days respectively. They work together for sometimes and b stops. If a completes the rest of work in 5 days ,then b has worked for
a.5 b.4 c.3 d.2 (days). Ans.c
Caritor Services India Private Limited Placement Paper (Technical-C)
printf("%d",sizeof (union z));
short int j;
#define x 10
run time error
char a ="abcxyz",
13.main(int arg c)
hello world 13
assume base address is 567895
ans . 567895, 567895, 567895,2