Pattern : ABB PATTERN & INTERVIEW - 08 JUL 2007 - COIMBATORE
1) Verbal section - 20 (20 mins): Very easy. No need special preps
2) Analytical - 20 (25 mins): Somewhat tough. Time matters
3) Attention to detail - 15 (15 mins): Easy. Questions like which two are alike
4) Technical - 60 (60 mins): Very tough. Questions from almost every nook and corner of EEE. More questions from switchgears, circuit breakers. etc
NOTE : The test will be online and there is sectional cut-off. The shortlisted will be called to Bangalore.
More of technical. Be thorough with ur basics like the current eqn in series RLC circuit. Questions may be from anywhere. Prepare ur project and paper well. They asked abt the paper for one hr. Very tricky hr questions will be asked. If u clear this round there will be a psychometric test and hr round again. Not like all other companis.
ABB Latest Placement Paper Pattern | Quantitative + PCM
QUANTITATIVE PAPER + PCM
Total : 45 Questions
Total Time: 45 minutes
1. About 10 quanti questions ( based on Mixture, Work etc. of very easy type)
2. What is GDP ?
3. Vector algebra, codition for Co-planer vector etc.
4. Gravitation, geo-synchronous satellite( it's hight, orbit , radius etc.), escape velocity, how g (gravitational accln) varies, about gravitational potential.
5. Basic electricity and Magnetism----Biot-savart law, current carrying conductor properties.
6. Nuclear physics, Bohr's constant, and Other theories related .
7. Problem based on VIBGYOR , how wave length and frequency is varying.
8. Questions based on Plank's Theory, E =hv
9. V=u + at , V2=u2 + 2as and W = mgh questions based on above theory
10. Faraday's laws of electrolysis, m = Zit
11. Heat conduction problem.
12. Co lour-coding of resistor (BBROYGBVGW)
13. How velocity of light changes in different medium while frequency remain unchanged.
14. statistics , calculation of mode, co-efficient regression (3-4 Questions)
15. f(x) = Sin x + Cos x, find the maximum value of the function.......
16. Formulae for parallel plate capacitor and force between plates Comments.