Campus Placement Papers
1. A person losses and gains 10% on selling a object for 200.
Ans: he losses
2. Sum of 1 to 100 is divisible by 1. 1,2,4,8 2. 2 & 4 3. 2 4 none
3. How many nos start and end with 2 b/w 100 and 300?
4. If a sphere of dia 3 cm is melted & formed into 3 spheres , the diameter of 1st is 1.5cm and that of second is 2.0 cm ,
what is the diameter of the third?
5. If prizes are increased by 25% , by how much should i reduce the consumption to keep the expenditure same??
6. "COURTESY" - how many words can be constructed with C in the begining and Y at the end
7. My mother's husband's father in laws son's child->what is the relation?
8.. 3 glasses containing mixture of water and alco in ratio 2:3 , 3:4 , 5:9 when all 3 are mixed what is the new ratio??
9. A father has 8 children ,he takes 3 at a time to a zoo.probability of a child going to the zoo.
10. A ball is dropped from a height of 10 feet.Every time it rebounces to half of the height. how many feet it travelled?
11. There are 3 jars. The ratio of spirit to water in each of these jars is 3:2,4:5,5:7. the three jars are mixed into a single jar.
What is the ration of spirit to water in single jar.
12.. What is the relation with your mothr's sister's brother's wife's child with you.?
13. A father has six children .all the children are born at regular intervels.if the sum of their ages of
all the children and father is 186. calculate the age of the elder son, when the younger sons age is 3.
14. logical reasoning :
All elephants are trained a few animals are trained
MindTree Placement Paper (General Aptitude Test & GD Topic)
1. What is the 7th digit of (202)3?
2. To type the digits from 1-1000 how many key strokes are needed?
3. A problem on the margin of votes involving winning percentage between two candidates.
4. Time & Distance- A is running faster than B by ….. kms. How much increase of speed is needed by B to become first?
5. Problem on three pipes- two of them loading water into a tank the other one emptying, what time will it take to fill the tank? (2 problems)
6. Four horses are tied up by rope on four corners of a square grass field. What would be the ungrazed area by them?
7. If a person gets A% profit on cost price A. Determine the cost price? Four alternatives were given --Ans. 40. As the thing was sold at 56/cost price--40.
8. Determine the angle between the hour & minute hand when the time is 40 past 3.
9. There is a Square. One Circle which is touching all the arms of the square is inscribed in it. Another smaller square which ahs all corners touching the circle is inscribed inside the circle. Obtain the ratio of the area of the two squares.
10. In a zoo there are animals & birds. No of heads are ………, No of legs …..., obtain the number of birds & animals.
11. Simple aptitude type problems on probability. (2 problems)
12. Problems on percentage.
13.The C’ program was on simple binary tree.
1. Westernization of INDIA-- right or wrong
2. IT boom in INDIA—blessing or curse.
MindTree Placement Paper (Technical, Aptitude & Reasoning)
Both the programs are on files:-
1. we have to count the 3 letter,4letter and 5letter words from a file and print the number of 3 letter,4letter and 5letter words. Delimiter is space, tab, hifen. Also we should not consider the line in the file after we encounter # in that line. (ie after # we should not consider the portion of line)
2. In file count the number of characters, number of words, number of line. Delimiter between words is given as command line argument.
1hour 15 min is given for the test. we have to answer both aptitude and program with in this time.
Some of the aptitude questions.
1. the is a meeting organized, every person shake hands with the other only once. if there are 60 shake hands, how many persons are there in the meeting?.
2.A faster has 8 children ,he takes 3 at a time to a zoo. probability of a child going to the zoo.
3. a father has six children .all the children are born at regular intervels. if the sum of their ages of all the children and father is 186. calculate the age of the elder son, when the younger sons age is 3.
4.count the numbers between 100 and 300, that starts with 2 and ends with 2. Ans: 10.
Some reasoning questions
1. there are six steps,5 people a,b,c,d,e . conditions are , a is two steps below c,no two people are on same step,b is next to d. 4 Questions based on this.
2. 5 people participating in the race .conditions are given about the positions.
3.a ball is dropped from a height of 10 feet. Every time it rebounces to half of the height. how many feet it traveled?
4.There are 3 jars. The ratio of spirit to water in each of these jars is 3:2,4:5,5:7. the three jars are mixed into a single jar. What is the ration of spirit to water in single jar.
5. What is the relation with your mothr's sister's brother's wife's child with you.?
6.what is the relation with your mother's husband's father-in-law's son's child with you?
7.we were asked to fill the series, alphabet series 4 questions are given.
8. 5 questions are given, we are asked to find the logical connection between them. like all managers are drinkers, all drinker are smokers ,questions like this.
(Paper) MindTree Latest Fresher Job Interview Placement Paper Pattern : June 2010
Type : Fresher, Job Interview
Hello friends, my name is Anshul Shrivastava. I got placed in MindTree on 10 june 2010. It was first time MindTree Visited for Campus recruitment in MP. It was a pool campus and 13 colleges were there and a total of about 800 students. 88 students have cleared the first round that is written test. finally 34 students were selected and I was one of them...
The selection procedure of mindtree is as follows:
1. Written test
3. Technical Interview
4. HR Interview
1. Written Test: there were only two question in written test. first was to write an essay and second was to write a program. topic of essay was," how does computers have affected human life", and the program was a sort of calender program. two dates were given and we have to find number of days between these two dates.
2. GD: gd round was quite easy and anybody having average english speaking skills can easily clear this round. the topic for me was, " tata nano: good or bad". keep one thing in mind, always speak either in favour or against, never switch from one side to other side.
3. Technical Interview: technical interview was also quite easy. be thoroughly prepared with your project. he asked me to explain my project and also said to write some queries. then i said my favourite sub is c++ and oops and then he asked me ques from there like encapsulation, data hiding, interitance and multiple inheritance, call by value and call by reference etc. always be confident in whatever u say. data structure is also important.
4. HR Interview: hr interview was little bit tricky but it was not a big hurdle. i am from bhopal so he asked me about bhopal like how many lakes are there, what is the name of biggest lake, how can you estimate amount of water in that lake, etc. then one ques was that if you have to kill someone in India or just elimate from our country who will be that person and why? then he asked if you wanna be like someone in india who will be that person. and what about in world. then my hobby was listening songs so he asked to tell name of any music director of 90s and songs of them, then he asked me to tell songs of my fvrt female singer. and so on...for hr interview be cool and confident. there is very small probability of getting eliminated from hr round..
Total 34 selection were there. only written test was a big hurdle, so if you cleared that 70% you are selected. cracking mindtree is very easy. just be cool and confident with a winning attitude. wishing you all the very best.. see u in MindTree..
Exam/Interview Date: 10-Jun-2010
No of Rounds : Client/Manager Interview
Contributor Name : Anshul Shrivastava